Troy Henriksen is an American artist of Norwegian descent. His optimistic style, close to Free Figuration (Figuration Libre), plunges in the dream. Both his canvas and Plexiglas works reflect an imagination nourished by memories and aspirations. Cities; cars; personalities like Marylin, Rimbaud, Sitting Bull the Indian, Gandhi, James Dean, etc. Allegories : hearts, or the same personalities who are, in their own ways, symbols. Their common points : bright colours which make the life much more joyful.
Troy is a true artist, who thinks about and interprets life, working mainly from his heart. He responds to current events with art. All the demons that had haunted Henriksen might have turned his painting dark and gloomy. But his canvases are quite the opposite – full of light. "In my opinion, being an artist means you have the ability to change problems into beauty, to encourage hope, to convince people it's possible to reach out to others and join hands," Henriksen continued. His taste for painting probably comes from his childhood as fisherman, from visions of the see. After 15 years as a commercial fisherman, Troy Henriksen has embarked on a new journey, a brilliant career in art
His interest grows for painting history: Abstract Expressionism, Surrealism, Dadaism, Impressionism, and the Beat Generation, German expressionists and the Bauhaus. Troy discovers France through the book “le Petit Prince and Rimbaud.
One day, he decided to come to Paris on a one-way ticket. That was in 1998. In Paris, Troy Henriksen painted in the street, on the banks of the Seine. Soon, he made a fateful encounter, with Eric Landau, head of Galerie W in Montmartre. His works have been snapped up by famous French entertainers [plastic artists, writers, musician, actors… like Arthur H and Gad Elmaleh]. Nearly one thousand of art collectors in France, Europe (Luxembourg, Belgium, United Kingdom, Italy…) and all over the world (China, United States of America, Canada) made enter Troy into their life.
- [Exhibition] 06/06/2015
- 08/16/2011 Troy Henriksen à Paris Plages 2011 / Galerie W
- 03/26/2011 TROY HENRIKSEN [RESPECTFULLY YOURS] GalerieW 2011
- 11/10/2010 Troy Henriksen - Tourist Man - 2010
- 09/22/2010 Rentrée des artistes à W.
- 05/25/2010 Olivia Ruiz (Art Rock 2010)- "Belle à en Crever"
- 05/24/2010 Retrospective de Troy Henriksen | Art Rock 2010
- 05/24/2010 Ghinzu (Art Rock 2010)- "Do You Read Me"
- 05/24/2010 Vitalic (Art Rock 2010) - "Your disco song" (Flashmob)
- 05/23/2010 Festival Art Rock. Carte blanche à Troy Henriksen
- 05/23/2010 Vitalic (Art Rock 2010) - "Flashmob"- Poison Lips
- 12/16/2009 Démocratisons l'art ! - Video de l'EFAP - la Galerie W
- 07/21/2009 Troy Henriksen - Moonlight Happening 090707 - Galerie W
- 05/20/2009 081015 Troy Henriksen Metro Saint Augustin - Galerie W
- 10/10/2008 Troy Henriksen en permanence à la Galerie W
- 10/07/2008 Galerie W : Troy Henriksen à Disneyland Resort Paris®
- 11/16/2007 Gad Elmaleh Presents French Art Phenom Troy Henriksen
- 10/02/2014 Elle Decoration - Troy Henriksen
- 07/24/2011 RFI - Troy Henriksen
- 07/21/2011 Le Figaro - Troy Henriksen
- 07/21/2011 Rendez-Vous Chic Magazine - Troy Henriksen
- 07/21/2011 Sortir à Paris.com - Troy Henriksen
- 05/25/2010 Libération - Troy Henriksen
- 05/23/2010 Le Monde - Troy Henriksen
- 05/17/2010 Ouest France - Troy Henriksen
- 03/02/2009 Stratégies - Troy Henriksen
- 12/11/2008 Télérama - Troy Henriksen
- 10/19/2008 Citizen Side - Troy Henriksen
- 10/19/2008 Alexandre Rosa - Troy Henriksen
- 10/18/2008 Flavor - Troy Henriksen
- 10/17/2008 France Soir - Troy Henriksen
- 10/16/2008 Tchuntfr's Blog - Troy Henriksen
- 10/16/2008 Le Parisien - Troy Henriksen
- 10/11/2008 Le JDD - Troy Henriksen
- 10/02/2008 Infos Jeunes - Troy Henriksen
- 10/12/2006 Les Toiles à l'Etoile - Troy Henriksen
- 09/10/2006 Le Parisien - Troy Henriksen
- 09/08/2006 Nouvel Obs - Troy Henriksen
- 07/04/2003 Paris Match - Troy Henriksen
- 06/27/2003 Paris Obs - Troy Henriksen
- 06/11/2003 Paris Capitale - Troy Henriksen